21 – 22 October 2013 The Imperial, New Delhi
Chief Guest: Dr. Parthasarathi Shome, Adviser to Finance Minister
ASSOCHAM has always aimed to enhance awareness of topical issues that confront today’s business enterprises. Issues such as the effects of the current tax regimes on levels of foreign investment, the problems involved in integrating domestic tax reforms with existing international tax treaties and arrangements, international tax avoidance and efforts to prevent it; the existence and impact of tax havens and other low-tax jurisdictions are all of utmost important. We, as one of the fastest growing economies in the world, need to take into account how various International taxation issues will affect us.
Therefore to present a wider perspective of contemporary international taxation typical issues and procedures and offer insight into issues that impinge the growth of international trade and commerce, ASSOCHAM is organizing the 10th International Tax Conference on the 21st and 22nd of October 2013 at The Imperial Hotel, New Delhi.
Dr. Parthasarathi Shome, Adviser to Finance Minister has already agreed to be the Chief Guest and Inaugurate the Conference. We have requested Dr. Sudha Sharma, Chairperson, CBDT and Shri N.C. Joshi, DGIT – International Taxation to share their views with the industry. Beside them, the conference will also be addressed by other renowned Speakers across the globe as well as eminent expert from India.
The 10th International Tax Conference of ASSOCHAM envisages providing a platform for the tax payers, tax professionals and policy makers to understand each other’s perspective in respect of legislation affecting international transactions. The bringing together the best minds to evaluate contemporary matters within finance and taxation
DATE, TIME & VENUE
21st October 2013
09.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Janpath Lane, Connaught Place,
New Delhi – 110001
22nd October 2013
09.30 a.m. 4.00 p.m.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
- APA – Experiences and way-forward
- Safe Harbour Rules – Implications
- Transfer Pricing Controversies and Issues
- Transfer Pricing and Attribution of Profits- Emerging Global Trends and Indian approach
- Panel Discussion on Transfer Pricing
- Panel on Emerging International Tax developments
- Panel Discussion on Tax Controversies- International Tax
- Contentious issues under indirect tax laws
- Challenges in cross border transactions under service tax law
- Audits under Indirect Tax laws
Dr. Parthasarathi Shome, Adviser to Finance Minister & Head – Tax Administration Reform Commission
SPEAKERS INVITED FROM GOVERNMENT
- Dr. Sudha Sharma, Chairperson, CBDT
- Shri N. C. Joshi, DGIT International Tax
- Shri Akhilesh Ranjan, Joint Secretary, FTD-I
- Shri P.K. Mohanty, Joint Secretary (TRU-I), CBEC
- Shri S.Dutt Majumder, Ombudsman, Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax, Delhi
- Shri Peeyush Jain, Department Representative (TP bench)
- Shri M. S. Ray, Director of Income Tax (International Taxation)-I, Delhi
- Shri Kamlesh C. Varshney, Commissioner Income Tax- APA
OTHER EMINENT SPEAKERS
- Dr. Rana Kapoor President, ASSOCHAM
- Mr. M. Lakshminarayanan, Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council on International Tax
- Mr. Rahul Garg, Co-Chair, ASSOCHAM National Council on International Tax & Direct Tax
- Mr. J K Mittal, Co-Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council on Indirect Tax
- Ms. Bela Mao, Country Tax Head, Shell India
- Mr. Deepak Dhanak,VP & Global Head Tax, EXL
- Mr. Girish Dave, Advocate
- Mohd. Haroon Qureshi, Head of Tax – Asia Pacific, Genpact
- Mr. Naveen Jain, Head Taxation, Cairn Energy
- Mr. P. V. Srinivasan, Senior Vice President – Wipro
- Mr. Rohinton Sidhwa, Partner, Deloitte
- Mr. R. Muralidharan, Executive Director, PwC
- CMA S C Mohanty, President, The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Ms. Saloni Roy, Senior Director, Deloitte
- Mr. Samir Gandhi, Partner, Deloitte
- Mr. S. P. Singh, Sr. Director, Deloitte
- Ms. S. Nageswari, Vice President-Finance, Tata Communications Limited
- Mr. Sandeep Puri, Executive Director, PwC
- Mr. Sanjay Tolia, Executive Director, PwC
- Mr. Tarun Arora, Senior Director, Deloitte
- Mr. Vijay Iyer, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Mr. Vijay Mathur, Sr. Adviser, PwC
- Mr. Vishal Anand, Executive Director, PwC
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The conference is targeted at: CEOs, CFOs, Tax Experts, Middle & Sr. Level Officers dealing in Taxation in the corporate world as well as practicing CA, CS, CMA and other related professionals, Trade & Industry, Government, Public Sector Units, Consultancy Organizations, Funding Agencies, Corporate Lawyers, Banks & Other Financial Institutions, FTOs.
Rs. 5,000/- per delegate per day
Rs. 8,000/- per delegate for two days
(10% discount for two or more persons from the same organization)
The fee is inclusive of Service Tax, refreshment, lunch & course material.
Kindly fill the attached registration form and send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest. Since the seats are limited therefore shall be made available on first-come-first served basis. You are requested to register yourself and also nominate your colleagues for the same.