New Dell EMC IDPA DP4400 delivers innovative capabilities and broad application support in a solution sized and priced right for mid-market customers
New Delhi, India – July 12, 2018
- New Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA) DP4400 designed for mid-size organizations offers converged data protection—back-up, deduplication, replication and recovery, along with disaster recovery and long-term retention to the cloud
- Delivers lowest cost to protect, with up to 2x shorter backup times, protects up to 4x more data in single 2U appliance with average 55:1 data deduplication
- Simple to manage, deploy and upgrade; grows in place from 24-96TB – and up to 192TB in the cloud – with no additional hardware
- Leading-edge VMware integration empowers vAdmins to perform most common backup and recovery tasks directly from native vSphere UI
- Included in Dell EMC Future-Proof Loyalty Program, with new, up to 55:1 Data Protection Deduplication Guarantee
Dell EMC recently launched its newest Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA), the Dell EMC IDPA DP4400, providing simple and powerful converged data protection to help mid-size organizations transform IT while combatting data sprawl and complexity.
In India, comprehensive data protection has been a challenge for mid-size organizations. Enterprise-class products come with higher cost and complexity while lower cost products, that have traditionally targeted these organizations, sacrifice performance, efficiency and application support. Dell EMC built the IDPA DP4400 from the ground up as a simple, yet powerful, solution for mid-size organizations—featuring enterprise-class capabilities for backup, deduplication, replication and recovery. IDPA DP4400 also offers built-in cloud readiness features with disaster recovery and long-term data retention to the cloud.
“With the launch of IDPA DP4400, now a large number of mid-size organizations in India will have access to a comprehensive data protection solution. This solution offers many benefits such as complete data protection in a single appliance, protection storage and server, protection software, IDPA System Manager, search, reporting and analytics as well as advanced application integration, at the lowest cost.,” said Ripu Bajwa, Director & General Manager -Data Protection Solutions, India, Dell EMC.
Simple and Powerful, at the Lowest Cost to Protect
The IDPA DP4400 blends simplicity and performance for mid-size organizations and remote office-branch office (ROBO) environments. The solution is designed to provide organizations the lowest cost to protect[i] and is guaranteed under the Dell EMC Future-Proof Loyalty program.It is a converged data protection appliance in a dense 2U platform powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation servers. Key features include:
- Customer-installable and easy-to-use HTML5 user interface: Makes IDPA DP4400 ideal for deployment and management in mid-sized organizations and ROBO locations.
- Grows in place with no downtime: A single 24TB appliance can grow in place to 96TB with a license key and no additional hardware to purchase.
- Protect more data with 55:1[ii] average deduplication: IDPA DP4400 can protect approximately 5PB of usable data capacity. And, with native Cloud Tier for long-term retention, the total protected usable capacity increases to 14.4 PB.
- Supports largest application ecosystem[iii]: Includes support for modern applications such as MySQL and MongoDB, both physical and virtual, and support for multiple hypervisors (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Delivers powerful performance with NVMe flash: Shortens backup windows by up to 2x[iv]; backs up only deduplicated data requiring up to 98% less bandwidth[v]; and supports 7x more backup streams while delivering instant access and restore of virtual machines to help meet stringent SLAs and RPOs.
- Cloud-ready solution: IDPA DP4400 comes with 5TB licenses each for Cloud Disaster Recovery and Cloud Tier as well as a Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines starter pack that provides five VMs and a one-year subscription[vi].
Phil Goodwin, Research Director, Storage Systems and Software, IDC
“Organizations today, especially mid-size organizations, are faced with increased complexity— relentless data growth, application diversity, increased numbers of users, and resource constraints—driving the need for solutions to meet these challenges with existing staff. However, users do not want to trade off simplicity for performance or capabilities. With the IDPA DP4400, Dell EMC is targeting a large swath of enterprises in that middle tier that want an all-in-one solution that is affordable, easy-to-use and has the modern data protection features they require to ensure their data is safe and their business can quickly recover in case disaster strikes.”
About Dell EMC
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
[i] Dell EMC internal analysis using publically available competitive pricing from Rubrik and Cohesity, May 2018. Lowest cost to protect is based on $ per logical GB. Actual cost will vary.
[ii] Based on Dell EMC internal analysis of customer data as of May 2018.
[iii] Based on internal analysis, June 2018.
[iv] Source: ESG Lab Review commissioned by Dell EMC, February 2018, versus a competitive Vendor A. Additional information on the testing environment.
[v] Source: Based on Dell EMC internal testing
[vi] Free option when selected at the time of purchase.