Dubai, UAE – April 24, 2018: In recognition of exemplary partnerships and service, last night Dubai Airports held the second annual Airline Excellence Awards at the Park Hyatt Hotel, Dubai.
The awards, presented by the CEO of Dubai Airports Paul Griffiths, celebrate outstanding customer service, on-time performance and the overall successful partnerships at Dubai International (DXB) and Dubai World Central (DWC). This year’s event was even more special following the recognition that His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, awarded to Dubai International at the Dubai Government Excellence Programme Awards earlier this month.
Pictured from left to right: Jing Yi, China Southern; Walter Riggans, Emirates; Ahmed Alshanableh, Gulf Air; Derek Fernandes, Lufthansa Group; Jai Yadav, Lufthansa group; Thelma D’Souza, Gulf Air; Paul Griffiths, CEO Dubai Airports; Abbas Vilayeth, Air France KLM; Arul Raj, Virgin Atlantic; Irfan Ahmed, Virgin Atlantic; Alex MacKenzie, flydubai
Open to the more than 100 airlines operating out of the two airports, the awards demonstrate an airlines contribution to Dubai Airports objectives of maintaining the high levels of service and performance expected.
Commenting at the awards, Paul Griffiths, Dubai Airports CEO said: “This evening we have celebrated the power of working together to achieve goals. We recognise the efforts made by the airlines daily, but to be able to celebrate those achievements and the contribution to our customer experience is important.” He continued, “Dubai Airports has a commitment to our partners to fully support their growth, as much as they support us and together provide customers with the best experience possible.”
Special recognition was given on the evening for the ongoing contributions made by key service partners. Dubai Customs, Dubai Duty Free, dnata, GDRFA, Emirates Flight Catering, Dubai Airports Police, DANS and DCAA were all acknowledged and presented with certificates in thanks for their support.
The awards were presented as follows:
- On Time Performance – Gulf Air and Lufthansa
- Partnership – Emirates
- Engagement – flydubai
- Customer Service – Virgin Atlantic
- Innovation – Air France KLM
- Special Recognition – China Southern
- Airline Employee of the Year – Thelma D’souza, Gulf Air
- Dubai Airports manages the operation and development of both of Dubai’s airports – DXB and DWC.
- As integrator, Dubai Airports works to balance the interests of all stakeholders to maintain aviation growth, protect operational resilience and ensure that service providers collaborate to provide a safe and secure service and improve the experience of our customers whilst maintaining a sustainable business.
- DXB is the world’s number one airport in terms of international passenger traffic and number three globally in terms of total passenger traffic as reported by Airports Council International.
- DXB ranks fourth globally for international cargo traffic.