Will host a Codeathon and Startup ‘Showcase’
- to run two parallel tracks, a startup ‘Showcase’ segment and a Codeathon
- To conduct the Codeathon for 2 days for participants to create code components for complex business applications
- Cash prizes worth Rs. 6 Lacs, along with on-spot internship and job opportunities
- To offer the winning startup a grant of Rs. 5 Lacs for a paid POC, and the opportunity to work with the company to accelerate technology innovation.
- Participants to showcase their solutions and interact directly with business leaders and key ITC Infotech customers
- To register, please visit: itcinfotech.com/iTech2017
Bangalore, 03 July, 2017: – ITC Infotech, a global scale full-service provider of technology solutions and a fully-owned subsidiary of ITC Ltd, today announced the third edition of its flagship annual co-creation and technology innovation platform ‘iTech 2017’. The event will take place at the ITC Infotech campus in Bangalore on 22nd and 23rd of July, 2017.
This year, iTech 2017 will run two parallel tracks, a startup ‘Showcase’ segment and ‘Codeathon’. For ‘Showcase’, ITC Infotech will invite startups to demonstrate solutions leveraging Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing, Automation, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Bots, to address specific business challenges. These real-world industry challenges are crowdsourced from across ITC Infotech’s global client base, as well as from ITC Ltd.
Some of these use cases include:
- Voice-controlled AI devices/technologies (such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri or Cortana) to improve inpatient hospital experience by providing an intelligent virtual assistant to hospital patients
- Identify patterns in Loyalty customers and drive proactive engagement for Retail, Consumer Goods, Travel, and Hospitality
- Enable personalized marketing (across industries, including Banking, Insurance, Retail, Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Insurance, Travel, and Hospitality)
- Predictive Maintenance in factories
- Yield prediction for Agriculture
- Identification of pest (insects, diseases, weeds etc.) through image analysis, and recommender system for remedies
- Golden Batch Analysis in Process Manufacturing
- Control limits for various process parameters
- Predictive & prescriptive composition of raw material
- AI based Trade promotion/campaign management
The Codeathon segment will see 40 teams, shortlisted from the entries received, face-off in a race against time to create code components for complex business applications. Participants can present their ideas across challenge areas provided by ITC Infotech. The event is free and open to all students, professionals, developers and early stage technology startups.
Ms. Sushma Rajagopalan, MD & CEO, ITC Infotech, said, “iTech is where young technology disruptors and innovators from across India come together to celebrate all things ‘new’ in technology. Technocrats and business leaders from across our global client base will be joining us for these two days to understand how they can unlock the untapped opportunity within their organizations through the latest digital technologies. With iTech 2017, we will be bringing together some of the sharpest technology minds to compete, create and code, while interacting closely with the vibrant ecosystem of entrepreneurs and business leaders of the future.”
An exciting addition to iTech 2017 for technology startups is the ITC Infotech Grant of Rs. 5 Lacs for a paid POC, and the opportunity to partner with the company in creating a thriving ecosystem to foster technology innovations. With the phenomenal success of iTech 2015 and iTech 2016, ITC Infotech is excited to host iTech 2017 and recreate an innovation platform to ‘Experience Intelligence’.
About iTech 2017
iTech, an ITC Infotech initiative, is an annual technology innovation platform. The platform will focus on leveraging emerging and disruptive technologies to create business-ready solutions, for addressing some of the most challenging problems faced by the industry.
About ITC Infotech
ITC Infotech is a specialized global full-service technology solutions provider, led by Business and Technology Consulting. ITC Infotech’s Digitaligence@work infuses technology with domain, data, design, and differentiated delivery to significantly enhance the experience and efficiency, enabling its clients to differentiate and disrupt their business.
The company caters to enterprises in Supply Chain based industries (CPG, Retail, Manufacturing, Hi-Tech) and Services (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Airline, Hospitality) through a combination of traditional and newer business models, as a long-term sustainable partner.
ITC Infotech is a fully-owned subsidiary of ITC Ltd, one of India’s foremost private sector companies and a leading multi-business conglomerate. With a market capitalization of over US$ 50 billion and turnover of US$ 8 billion, ITC Limited is acknowledged as one of India’s most valuable business corporations. It has been ranked as India’s most admired companies by a survey conducted by Fortune India, in association with the Hay Group.
For more information, please visit: http://www.itcinfotech.com/