Moscow, Russia — April 22, 2013 – Mechel OAO (NYSE: MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, announces the resolutions of Mechel OAO’s Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors of Mechel OAO (the Company) held a meeting on April 19, 2013. The following resolutions were adopted at the meeting:
1. To convene the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting of Mechel OAO on June 28, 2013. The General Shareholders’ Meeting will be held at: 1 Krasnoarmeyskaya str., Moscow, Russian Federation, in the conference hall, at 14:00 local time.
2. To approve the following agenda for the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting:
– Approval of the Company’s Annual Report.
– Approval of the Company’s Annual Financial Statements.
– Distribution of the Company’s profit, including payment (declaration) of dividends, based on the results of the financial year.
– Election of members of the Company’s Board of Directors.
– Election of members of the Company’s Review Commission.
– Approval of the auditor of the Company.
– Approval of the revised Charter of the Company.
– Approval of the revised Bylaw on Awards to the Board of Directors of the Company and Compensation of Expenses Linked to Their Functions as Members of the Board of Directors.
– Approval of related-party transactions.
3. To prepare the list of the shareholders eligible to take part in the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting based on the data in the Shareholders’ Register as of May 17, 2013.
The Board of Directors determined the procedure of announcing to the shareholders of the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting, the text of this announcement, the list of information materials to be offered to the shareholders in preparation for the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting and the procedure for providing such materials.
Mechel is one of the leading Russian companies. Its business includes four segments: mining, steel, ferroalloy and power. Mechel unites producers of coal, iron ore concentrate, nickel, ferrochrome, ferrosilicon, steel, rolled products, hardware, heat and electric power. Mechel products are marketed domestically and internationally.